Thread: Orders from 3 Group - early screening of crews 75(NZ)

Thanks

Default Orders from 3 Group - early screening of crews 75(NZ)

Good morning gentlemen
    In discussion with my Father’s Nav from 1943 during the summer, he clarified the circumstances surrounding the cessation of their tour after 21 ops.

Originally I had thought the decision had been made at Squadron level. In actual discussion with Jack it would appear that an order was sent from 3 Group HQ that theirs and another crew were to be screened immediately for purposes of moral in the Squadron – information received from elsewhere suggests there may have been an issue regarding the C/O’s ‘press on regardless’ attitude at the time and that even perhaps the New Zealand High Commisioner Bill Jordan might have directly intervened regarding the high losses and late conversion from Stirlings to Lancasters that 75(NZ) experienced.

Accepting that I will probably be directed to Kew, does anybody have any suggestions as to where I might find anything within the NA relating to this instruction from 3 Group to the Squadron?
    (obviously I am not expecting a specific page number, but a suggestion regarding AIR sections/ sub sections would be very useful)

As always, many thanks in advance

Simon

Thanks

Hi Simon

AIR 25/68 AIR 25/69 and AIR 25/70 would be your starter for 10.

Regards
    Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015/2018 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

cheers for the pointer Ross