Thread: Abbreviation CTPC

Thanks

Default Abbreviation CTPC

Hi all,

I am not able to find any suitable meaning for abbreviation CTPC used in 1944 for some kind of RAF unit.
    Anyone can help me please?

TIA

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Pavel,
    Can you provide any more context for this unit? For instance, did you locate reference to it in a record of service of an individual, or did it appear in a flying log book? Do you know what counry the unit was located in? If from a record of service, does the previous unit provide any clues as to the location, etc. My first thought when I see an RAF unit abbreviation from the WW2 period beginning with the letter "C" is that it might possibly be "Central" or perhaps "Coastal", and then work from there, but of course it could be many other things too.
    David D

Thanks

Pavel.

Despite trying to calculate something nothing appears to correlate to any known abbreviation......as David says more info might assist.

Colin

Thanks

Hi chaps,

well in my case pilot of 311 Sq (CC) was posted to the depot and then to CTPC. It is from book of arrivals/departures of the Czechoslovak Depot so unfortunately no additional info or references.
    As I checked the book there are more postings like this but no other information, also not only pilots were send there.
    I was thinking it might be connected somehow with Czechoslovak Transport Pool created from experienced airmen in 1944 but there is one more C...

Any ideas much appreciated

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz