Thread: hello and help

Thanks

Default hello and help

good evening , been a member but only in the side lines im afraid ,so , a little about me , im married with 2 kids , and apart from airguns ( im a gunsmith) my other hour a week free time is spent trying to locate local crash sites , this stems from me spending many a wet weekend as a very young boy deep in a muddy hole some were with my dad ,pete snowling ,ian mac and others all looking and digging ,these were the long gone days of the 70`s and early 80`s when there seemed to be loads being dug ( proberly why the law changed) not so many now and thankfully a lot more organised and recorded

what i am seeking is any info of a stirling that crashed at barrow Suffolk ,local folk-law is it crashed into a pond , this site has been robbed before and i believe a prosecution made .

i used to live in barrow ( and nearby risby) and have a interest in this and also rummer of a spitfire crash in risby

if any one has any info on ether of these or of any others near bury st edmunds i`ed be all ears , this is going towards a book ,
    many thanks
    jon

Thanks

Hello,

Are you familiar with this thread?

http://forum.keypublishing.com/archive/index.php?t-109241.html

If not, see:

http://www.awm.gov.au/catalogue/research_centre/pdf/rc09125z004_1.pdf

See: p.402 of 534

and... BCL5/106.

Col.
    Last edited by COL BRUGGY; 24th September 2012 at 22:08.

Thanks

thanks for your reply , i`ve been in touch with terry and also the Australian government who have been helpfull , what i am trying to find out is to what extent the site was plundered and the court records for that , local hearsay is also sought.
    as to the spitfire at risby , i have drawn a bit of a blank . we had a look in the late 70`s but only recovered a few items and still bits keep turning up every plough ,something is down there but its deep and cant find any info

also unfamiliar with bcl5/106
    cheers
    jon
    Last edited by jonballs; 25th September 2012 at 13:30.

Thanks

Spitfire MK173 of 313 Sqdn CFL 11/3/44. From the Cassini map reference I have calculated the location as Twenty Acre Hill, Risby. Is that the one?
    regards
    DaveW

Thanks

Hello,

BCL5/106=

Royal Air Force Bomber Command Losses of the Second World War. Volume 5. Aircraft and Crew Losses, 1944.
    Chorley,W.R.
    Earl Shilton:Midland Counties Publications,1997.
    p.106.

Col.

Thanks

der many thanks col senior moment

davew not the location we have been finding items ,about 2 miles due east is where we are looking , also have 2 witness statements who saw it go in ( both sadly no longer hear),
    due to its location there seem to be a lot of forced landings and crashes within the local area
    many thanks
    jon