Thread: Bomber Command Memorial

Thanks

Default Bomber Command Memorial

I'm off to the National Archives tomorrow and thought I would combine the trip with a visit the BC Memorial. Does anyone know if there is anywhere nearby to park. I'm planning on getting there first thing in the morning before all the traffic starts. Any advice appreciated.

Daz

Thanks

Hello Daz,

Even first light in London is hectic. Alas, I do not know of anywhere close to the memorial where you could park a car but of course realise there must be some. In July I drove to Collindale, close to the RAF Museum, dropped the car off at a nearby superstores whose name begins and ends with A, then caught the tube to Green Park. (7 return) The BC memorial was a few minutes walk through Green Park towards Hyde Park Corner. This way best suited my needs travelling from the North of England. Perhaps you might be able to do something similar near Kew/elsewhere then take the underground to Green Park or Hyde Park Corner. However, the RAF club Picadilly is bang opposite the BCM and it might be worth your time giving them a ring. I should imagine they are open till late. That's all I can think of Daz. I found the memorial most awe inspiring and felt humble and quite emotional. I couldnt help wondering if one day, the names of the tens of thousands who fell, will be inscribed in gold upon the marble wall panels. Have a nice day in dear old London Daz.

Norman
    Last edited by namrondooh; 27th September 2012 at 16:57. Reason: expanding the reply

Thanks

Daz
    Daz - Can the company facilities at Wellington Bks not assist?

I reccomend Green Park UGS south side then it's a max 5 min walk along the "right" side of Picadilly prior to reaching the memorial. Will be sending multiple emails & images this coming week

Rgds

Tony H
    78 Sqn
    Benson

Thanks

Norman, Tony

thanks for the suggestions, as it happens the weather wasn't too good so I gave it a miss and spent more time at the National Archives, but plan to go back later.

Tony look forward to the emails I've received all of the stuff that I was waiting for but I'll give you the detail in an email.

Daz