Thread: Where was A/PO James Morgan Evans August 1935 3 FTS Air Force List/ORB look up please

Thanks

Default Where was A/PO James Morgan Evans August 1935 3 FTS Air Force List/ORB look up please

All

Trying to link two separate incidents on August 16, 1935 to a single incident. Namely.. A/PO James Morgan Evans baling out of an aeroplane somewhere and the loss of Bulldog IIA K2954 of 3 FTS at Culverthorpe Lincolnshire when it Lost an elevator and was abandoned.

can anyone with a Air Force List or ORB for around August 1935 please confirm A/PO James Morgan Evans was at 3 FTS ?

Thanks
    Paul

Thanks

Paul,

APO James M Evans was posted to 3FTS for instruction on 30 Mar 35.

(AFL Jan 1936)

Errol

Thanks

Errol thanks that was extremely helpful

Paul

Thanks

Hello Paul,

My notes for RAF Spittlegate only list one accident (K2954) on August 16, 1935, but do not name the pilot.

If you have detail of P/O James Evans baling out on this date it looks safe to put 2 and 2 together.

I have checked our local rag for detail but found nought, possibly due as said before not being a fatality and hence no inquest.

Regards,

Ian

Thanks

Ian

Thanks I know A/PO James Morgan Evans baled out of and aircraft on August 16, 1935 I know he was at 3 FTS at the time - I do not know where be baled out but I am now convinced he was on Bulldog IIA K2954

Paul