Thread: 21 Sqn Blenheim incident

Thanks

Default 21 Sqn Blenheim incident

Hi,
    I'm researching an incident that happened on the 28th of July 1941 at Swanton Morley involving a Blenheim of Number 21 Sqn, serial number P6954 (YH- ?) In particular Flt Sgt James Rennie who was injured in this crash.The aircraft i think was on a training flight. I do not have his service number, which is something i would like to find as i could then request his records. Any information most welcome.

Thank you,

Dave

Thanks

Hi Dave
    P6954 was lost after colliding during take-off with Blenheim I,L1342 of 88Sqn.On P6954 P/O M Forster(pilot) and F/Sgt E Sturgeon(Obs) were killed and F/Sgt J Rennie was injured. S/Ldr P Barr and F/Sgt H Bennett were injured on L1342 and no other crewman is mentioned.The 88 Sqn a/c is mentioned as being on a Formation Training Sortie. The losses are mentioned in "Blenheim" by Graham Warner incl the Formation Training for the 88Sqn a/c, they are also mentioned by W R Chorley in Bomber Command Losses Vol 2 who simply records both as being engaged in Training
    Regards
    Dick
    Last edited by Dick; 15th October 2012 at 20:05.

Thanks

Default F/Sgt James Rennie

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Hi Dave
    P6954 was lost after colliding during take-off with Blenheim I,L1342 of 88Sqn.On P6954 P/O M Forster(pilot) and F/Sgt E Sturgeon(Obs) were killed and F/Sgt J Rennie was injured. S/Ldr P Barr and F/Sgt H Bennett were injured on L1342 and no other crewman is mentioned.The 88 Sqn a/c is mentioned as being on a Formation Training Sortie. The losses are mentioned in "Blenheim" by Graham Warner incl the Formation Training for the 88Sqn a/c, they are also mentioned by W R Chorley in Bomber Command Losses Vol 2 who simply records both as being engaged in Training
    Regards
    Dick
    I have been trying for a long time now to trace my grandfathers RAF records but unfortunately I cant find his service number among the papers I was left after he died .James Rennie was my grandfather ,his injury was shrapnel I believe as it was left in and surfaced many years later .I will look forward to reading the articles referred to ,in the meantime if anyone can point me in the right direction as to how I can find his service number I would be eternally greatful
    regards
    Chele