Thread: 65 Squadron ORB - Record of events

Thanks

Default 65 Squadron ORB - Record of events

Hi,

I am interested in looking at the 65 Squadron ORB for the months August/September/October and November 1942with particular interest in the aircraft serial numbers. However, the NA online website is only bringing up the summary rather than the record of events.

I've checked using other squadrons as a test and it is showing both summary and records as usual. Am I missing something (which is possible) or is there a problem with the record of events for this squadron on these dates. The 1944/45 65 Squadron ORBs do show both!

Many thanks in advance,

Russ

Thanks

Email them and ask via Contacts page - they are re-imaging some Air 78 records for me that are missing - They may have been missed during digitial conversion

Paul

Thanks

I don't know if 65Sqn had the same scribe throughout the War but I am interested in 1944-45 and it is certainly the case that completion of Form 541 is quite often problematic during that period. The Form 541 pages are not missing for whole months but there are a number of instances where operations appear on Form 540 but are not recorded in detail on Form 541. There are several periods when the chronology of events seems to have slipped or become quite confused and do not stand comparison with other documents eg the 122 Wing ORB that should record the same information.

But of course there was a War on!

Steve

PS my copies of the ORB come from the microfilm.

Thanks

Thanks Steve and Paul,

I have sent off an e mail to the NA, so hopefully I will get an answer within 10 days.

Cheers,

Russ