Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with information on PO Charles Willard Gomm, 32 Squadron died July 8, 1942

Thanks

Thanks very much for that. This is indeed a mystery and I very much apprciate your efforts.

It's good to not leave it too late to talk about some of these things before it's too late. On Remembrance Day, my father and I had a good long chat over some single-malt scotch and my father talked about his brothers and about some of his experiences in England, Holland, France and Germany. Apparently his buddies called him BlackJack for reasons I won't post but it's enough to say he was a pretty hard Canuck. Still is in some ways that those who have served understand better than I can.

I now know that a lot of our family including my father worked for Boyles Bros Drilling Company world wide. I took my first wire-line drilling job at 17 doing exploration work in the bush as both my Uncle Albert and Charles had done. My only other surviving uncle called it hard work for hard men. Although I didn't see it that way at the time it is a tie that binds me to uncles who died before I was born.

Thanks

DG,

Documents sent.

All the best to you and your dad.

Regards,

Dave