Thread: Rememberance Day flags

Thanks

Default Rememberance Day flags

Can someone please point me in the right direction to purchase flags for Remembrance Day.

The type I am looking for are the small 6X4ish service flags eg. RCAF, RAF etc.

I have seen them on the graves of fallen airmen and I am hoping to visit Hanover for a memorial.

I have searched the web and cannot find the type I want. They have a small pole about 5 inches long.

Cheers

Nick

Thanks

Dear Nick
    A quick web search brought up these people (Search Google "RAF Ensign flag pole)
    http://www.midland-flags.com/p2240/RAF-Ensign-Flag-5ft-x-3ft/product_info.html
    There are a couple of alternatives on this page. It may be worth ringing them to see what other ones they may do.
    Happy hunting
    James

Thanks

It looks like this is their selection but they may be able to point you in the direction of RCAF
    http://midland-flags.com/Hand-Waving-Flags-Small-Hand-Waving-Flags/c75_130/index.html

There are lots of USA sites out there. Maybe a Canadian web site may be the best place to look.

Good luck
    James

Thanks

Cheers for the reply James

I had looked at that site but I think Table flags are the nearest I can find 6X4 inches is the type I saw on the graves so these would be the ones I need.

But you can get RAF table flags but not RCAF ones so the Canadian National flags may have to suffice for the others.

I will check out Canadian sites and see if I can find any over there.

Thanks again for the pointer

Nick

Thanks

Default Flags

I have bought flags off ebay. If you put in the country you want then the size there is usually a selection. There is an 5 x 3 RAF ensign on there for 3.99 and they give a donation to Help for Heroes. I havent found any for other countries ensigns but you may be able to get them elsewhere...

Thanks

Thanks Oggie

I have looked all over but I thought there would be a load of places with remembrance day coming up.

The crew of the a/c I am interested in was a mix of Canadian and English but it is the Canadian flag I cannot find yet. Something may turn up.

I first saw these little flags on graves at Pollington cemetery near Goole and thought they were a very touching tribute that had been left.

will keep looking

Cheers

Nick