Thread: Maltese Personnel War Records

Thanks

Default Maltese Personnel War Records

It's been a while since I last posted here but does anyone know where I can get information on the service history of Maltese service personnel from WWII?

I'm looking for information on Hugh La Pira who apparently served with the Kings Own Malta Rifles/Regiment (?). I have been told of a Maltese file number (no.766) but I am also told it had nothing in it and my wife's family has very little in the way of information relating to Hugh and his service, apart from his WWII service medals (1939-45 Star, The Africa Star, The Defence Medal and The War Medal as well as the 1953 QEII Coronation Medal).

I would great appreciate any help on where we can get more information from.

Thanks

Thanks

You could try contacting the owner of the following site, if you have not already...
    http://website.lineone.net/~stephaniebidmead/index.htm by clicking on the enquiries link.

Thanks

Default Maltese Service Personnel

Hullo,

You may well find all you need to know at malta family history.com

Good luck,
    Keith99

Quote Originally Posted by dean View Post
    It's been a while since I last posted here but does anyone know where I can get information on the service history of Maltese service personnel from WWII?

I'm looking for information on Hugh La Pira who apparently served with the Kings Own Malta Rifles/Regiment (?). I have been told of a Maltese file number (no.766) but I am also told it had nothing in it and my wife's family has very little in the way of information relating to Hugh and his service, apart from his WWII service medals (1939-45 Star, The Africa Star, The Defence Medal and The War Medal as well as the 1953 QEII Coronation Medal).

I would great appreciate any help on where we can get more information from.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks Keith. I'll look in to that.