Thread: F/L Walker Douglas Henry AFC

Thanks

Default F/L Walker Douglas Henry AFC

Please i am looking for any History on the Following pilot ,115748 F/L DG Walker AFC , RAFVR , he was killed in LYSANDER T1655 . on the 15/12/42 While searching for Spitfire P7295 , That had been missing from the day before.
    Both from 61 OTU .

I have the details of the Incident above and the Loss of F/L Walker and i am assuming he was an Instructor at 61 OTU and would like to find out more about his Previous Service before joining 61 OTU etc .

I also have his details from the LG , so if anyone can help at all i would as always be most thankful

TIA Phill Jones

Thanks

There seesm to be some disagreement as to his Christiian names.

WALKER, Douglas Harvey, A/F/L (115748, RAFVR) - No.61 Operational Training Unit - Air Force Cross - awarded as per London Gazette dated 1 January 1943. Citation in Public Record Office Air 2/8871 (courtesy of Steve Brew), drafted when he was a Pilot Officer.

"Pilot Officer Walker [sic] has been employed in the Air Firing Squadron since August 1941 and from that date until September 1942 he completed 331 flying hours. During the time when No.61 Operational Training Unit was without a proper range, and training in air firing had to be arranged under very difficult conditions, this officer worked 14-16 hours daily and was largely responsible for the successful training given. His standard of instruction is extremely high and he instills into pupils his own keenness. Pilot Officer Walker’s perseverance, energy and devotion to duty have been a splendid example to both pupil pilots and instructors."

Thanks

Hugh , Thank you so much for these details , i confirm the name YOU have provided as Douglas Harvey Walker , this was a typo on my part , again my thanks this will help me along .

Bw Phill Jones