Leonard Stott was the pilot of the crew that included my Mother's cousin George Moreman, all were killed when Wellington JA475 crashed 12th Oct 1944. I am searching for a person called Alastair who posted the following in a reply to Henk Welting dated 5th April 2007. Alastair has documents and effects of Leonard and his brother and I have been trying to find relatives or people connected with this crew since 2004. If anyone can put me in touch I would be extremely grateful.

8|1|RE 59 Sqn crew on the Malta Memorial|Al (Guest)||21:07:34|05/04/2007|Good evening Henk Some of the details you have on this crew are incorrect. ASgt Ernest Stott is actually Sgt 938915 Thomas Alexander Stott he was born in Halifax. I am sitting here with his medals letters and the telegrams to his father in front of me here. I also have his brothers effects here too. (Flt Sergeant Leonard Stott was killed in a flying accident during training in 1944). I have visited his family house in Halifax albeit now empty and boarded up.The RAF Air Historical Branch has supplied me with the details on the Hudson however I canít find the letter at present I will look for it and put the details on the board when I have them. Andrew Hendrieís excellent book on the Hudson shows two aircraft being lost at that time flying out to the Far East to build up the defences there. A passage in the book details the transit flight and states that two Aircraft were lost in the journey over the Med and another at Bombay see page 95 of Lockheed Hudson in World war II by Andrew Hendrie I have letter to his mother where he sends her his Air Force colours the colours from his bush-hat band to keep for good luck. He asks for a photo of the family to be sent to him to get to him by Saturday he must be down to leave the UK that weekend.I will post more detail when I have it to hand.All the best Alastair.

9|2|RE 59 Sqn crew on the Malta Memorial|Henk Welting (Guest)||11:56:38|05/05/2007|Thanks Alistair. Was already informed by Dick that Stott should be %22T.A.%22 and I corrected message 4 on this thread That his brother Leonard James also was killed in 1944 is not mentioned by the CWGC in their biographies however was in my files Wellington - 14 OTU - JA475 - 12-10-1944 and I made cross-references. Regards Henk.

10|3|RE 59 Sqn crew on the Malta Memorial|Al (Guest)||13:21:15|05/05/2007|Hi Henk I missed the correction you made very sorry. Not the heat just my excitement in seeing one of my men behind the medals on the web. The details from the AHB Confirm the Hudson serial as AE539 and the record of the loss is dated 30 June 1942. The passenger is confirmed as a Mr C R Edge. I canít find anything on him at all he isnít listed as civilian death on the CWGC. The other Hudson lost on the Transit Flight to Malta is listed as AE506. You donít have any info on that aircraft or its crew do you? If you would like a scan copy of any of the details letters etc I have on Sgt Stott you only need to ask. Cheers Alastair.