Thread: AIR BRITAIN File T1000 - T9999

Thanks

Default AIR BRITAIN File T1000 - T9999

Firstly a very happy New Year to you all!

I only just found out about those Air Britain books listing all RAF serial nos and wondered if they could add anything new to my research into Blenheim T2254.

So if any of you have a copy of the T serials book I'd appreciate very much if you could let me know what it says about "my" Blenheim, T2254.

Many TIA,

Walter

Thanks

Hi Walter.

Information from the T-File as follows:

T2254.
    40 Squadron
    18 Squadron
    13 Squadron
    Missing (Venlo) 26-06-42

Hope this helps
    Iain

Thanks

Hi Walter
    From "The Bristol Blenheim-A complete history "by Graham Warner," your" Blenheim was on a Night Intruder operation to Venlo in support of the 3rd "1000 Bomber" raid and was shot down by a nightfighter of NJG1. The crew were all KIA :-
    F/O P Looker, F/Sgt W O'Neill RNZAF, and Sgt G Cox were all buried in Schoonselhof Cemetery Antwerp. Depending how far the Cemetery is from where they came down it may be that they were moved to Antwerp postwar by CWGC.
    Regards
    Dick

Thanks

Iain, that was fast, thanks so much for checking but adds nothing new. T2254 was only assigned to 40 Sqn on paper by the way, it was changed to 18 Sqn the same day (cfr Aircraft Movement Card).

Dick, thank you too but I have the Warner book and the night fighter interception is incorrect - German death cards in the casualty file (kept at the AHB) attribute the crash to FLAK. This made sense because non of the night fighter claims matched. The majority of my threads on this great forum have to do with T2254 one way or another by the way and you can find all my findings in there if of interest.

Thanks again to you both,

Walter