Thread: Henk Welting's Posts

Thanks

Default Henk Welting's Posts

Every so often, when I sign in to rafcommands, I see a thread started by Henk and now replied to by A N Other at a much later date. Gives me shivers down the spine - except that Henk was an RNAF Warrant Officer. Warrant Officers (in anybody's Air Force) don't just disappear - Warrant Officers are ALWAYS lurking somewhere, ready to pounce! The way this forum works is down to Ross (for providing the mechanism) and - to a large extent - to Henk. If you didn't say 'please', or 'thank you', in posts/replies then you could expect the SWO to give you a "rocket"! Good Forum to be part of!! (as opposed to some I could name, but won't for the sake of delicacy)
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Peter
    "Thank you" for bringing that to our attention. RIP Henk.

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Dear Peter
    Two simple words.... they take seconds to say but mean so much. If somebody takes an interest in a thread and spends the time to offer an opinion or information from their own archives then those two simple words acknowledge their effort.
    My grandmother taught me to write thank you letters and said that if someone did not respond to her gifts three times they would no longer recieve any gifts. On can forget once..... but repeat offences are bad manners.
    I am sure Henk would be pleased that there are members of this Forum who are keen to uphold his high standards. The mark of a true gentleman as well as an excellent historian.
    Best wishes
    Keep warm
    James

Thanks

I could not have put it better Peter, it had to be said and by someone like your goodself. RIP Henk
    Tony K
    Last edited by Tony Kearns; 20th January 2013 at 19:06.

Thanks

Not sure if that's what prompted you to write these words, Peter, but it's been exactly six months since Henk left us.
    I remember I received that message via this forum. By a very strange coincidence that had nothing to do with Henk or our research, the same day a friend gave me a quote from Bible readings prescribed for that day, and it was:

Their bodies are buried in peace, but their name liveth for evermore.
    The people will tell of their wisdom, and the congregation will shew forth their praise.
    (Sirach 44:14-15)

I couldn't believe how very appropriate that was...

RIP Henk

Thanks

Voytech, Hi,
    Phaaaawww!
    Frightening in its appropriate context!
    I once had a Group Captain Station Commander who admitted that the only thing that frightened him was the Station Warrant Officer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rgds
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Hi Peter.

As a young (21) National Service airman serving at RAF Hendon, I was the SWOs clerk, a wonderful man who would help anyone, but if you upset him, woe betide you. It is often said that the SWO wielded more power on a Station than the Station Commander.

Robin.