Thread: Re: David Bruce McKenzie - Flight Lieutenant - RCAF (1939-1945)

Thanks

Default Re: David Bruce McKenzie - Flight Lieutenant - RCAF (1939-1945)

My name is Buddy McKenzie (age 62), son of David Bruce McKenzie. I am looking for additional information and photographs of my father David Bruce McKenzie who was a POW in Germany from 1939-1945. My sister Jill Kelterborn received a message from Teunis Schuurman who was presently obtaining some information as well as a search for a photograph of our father, but we do not know how to contact Mr. Schuurman. My fathers details are as follows: J/15436 - Sgt. - Bomb Aimer - David Bruce McKenzie - RCAF - INJ/POW - (Stalag 344), POW No.475.
    I know that my father was in the POW camp called "The Wooden Horse" as well as other camps because they were moved around quite a bit and there was a book published and written about this camp in 1948. My fathers name "Bruce" was mentioned in the book as he played the saxaphone and entertained the troops in the camp by special authority. I seem to recall however, that my mother (maiden name) June Rose Woods (now age 91) received a plaque (years ago) from the RCAF indicating that my father was a POW and released from Stalag Luft 9 or 11. If someone would be kind enough to continue with this thread and or perhaps locate Mr. Teunis Schuurman so that we may be able to continue with our communcation would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

Sgt D B McKENZIE RCAF - PoW on 25/26-6-1942 (Bremen), No.1652 HCU, Halifax II V9993 - BCL3/138 & BCL8/26.

Col.

Thanks

hello Buddy, welcome to the board.

If you have not already done so, you shoudl obtain your fathers services records from the Canadian antional archives, perhaps you could go and view them in person if its not too far. details on how to do so:

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/022/022-909.007-e.html

What Col is referring to above is that your fathers name appears in the two books,

BCL - Bomber Command Losses, Volume 3, page 138 and Vol 8, page 26.
    I imagine both are the same entry, this will be simple list of the crew names, aircraft identity and breif description of what caused the loss.

We previously discussed thsi aricraft on the forum: http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?6224-Halifax-Mk.II-V9993-GV-U-26th-June-1942-Dalfsen

I'm not certain byut that PATS poster might be the man you after. Click on his username and send him a private Message, which will send an email to his email address and if still interested he can contact you back.

Or contact him via his website, might be easier! http://www.teunispats.net/fr-wwii.htm

Indeed, when you say your sister got a message from TS, is it the old message forum, thread you are referring to?

I woudl mainly say however to get your dads service records for lots of information.

Dennis
    Last edited by dennis_burke; 20th February 2013 at 12:17. Reason: aded TS website
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Default Thank you so very much, Col.

Quote Originally Posted by COL BRUGGY View Post
    Hello,

Sgt D B McKENZIE RCAF - PoW on 25/26-6-1942 (Bremen), No.1652 HCU, Halifax II V9993 - BCL3/138 & BCL8/26.

Col.
    I just wanted to quickly thank you Col. very much for a very quick response to this thread and the exciting news that our father was mentioned in these two books that you have quoted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dennis_burke View Post
    hello Buddy, welcome to the board.

If you have not already done so, you shoudl obtain your fathers services records from the Canadian antional archives, perhaps you could go and view them in person if its not too far. details on how to do so:

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/022/022-909.007-e.html

What Col is referring to above is that your fathers name appears in the two books,

BCL - Bomber Command Losses, Volume 3, page 138 and Vol 8, page 26.
    I imagine both are the same entry, this will be simple list of the crew names, aircraft identity and breif description of what caused the loss.

We previously discussed thsi aricraft on the forum: http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?6224-Halifax-Mk.II-V9993-GV-U-26th-June-1942-Dalfsen

I'm not certain byut that PATS poster might be the man you after. Click on his username and send him a private Message, which will send an email to his email address and if still interested he can contact you back.

Or contact him via his website, might be easier! http://www.teunispats.net/fr-wwii.htm

Indeed, when you say your sister got a message from TS, is it the old message forum, thread you are referring to?

I woudl mainly say however to get your dads service records for lots of information.

Dennis
    Thank you, Dennis! It is an honour to be part of the board and thank you so much for sharing this exciting information with our family. Yes, as you suggested, a good start is to check our fathers service records and work from there because that will hold quite a bit of information regarding our fathers service records. The Col. also posted two books in which our father was also mentioned and the fact that the aircraft with a link to a previous thread on your forum took me very much by surprise and I sincerely thank you. As I mentioned, a reply from a previous thread on the old forum posted by my sister Jill Kelterborn from a PATS poster was no longer accessible. You generously provided a link for his email address...again thank you very very much Dennis!!

Thanks

Sorry Buddy, can you edit out the quoted text above, we try to keep from copying text, we will know what message your replying to. It fills up space on the forum server.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Hi, Dennis! I know it's probably right in front of my eyes...but where is the edit button to remove the quotes?

Thanks

Default David Bruce Mckenzie

Buddy,

I spoke to your sister yesterday, also a PM was sent to you.

F/O D. B. E. McKenzie was confined in Hospital due injuries

According his daughter it's David Bruce McKenzie, so the initial E is a "typo"

PATS
    PATS - Vollenhove - The Netherlands