Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flt Lt M R Evans 149 Sqn

Thanks

Default Flt Lt M R Evans 149 Sqn

Hello,

Does anybody know what happened to this officer after he completed his tour in April 1942 with 149 sqn?

F/Lt Mike Evans had flown Wellingtons at Mildenhall before converting to Stirlings at Lakenheath and after the tour most of his crew went back to Mildenhall on the conversion flight. It is believed he took a posting to night fighters, as was his heart's desire, but can anyone substantiate this rumour?

Thanks for your help,

Sam

Bart FM Droog Guest

Hello Mike,

Do you have his service number?
    Checked the CWGC Database - http://www.cwgc.org/debt_of_honour.asp?menuid=14 - it didn't list him, so he must have survived the war.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks

Michael Roquier EVANS (60821)

He is listed but there's quite a gap between 1943(ish) and then 1958 when he relinquishes his commission from the Emergency List.

A

Thanks

Default Flt Lt Mike Evans

Thanks Bart and Amrit. I thought Mike Evans had survived the war, but didn't have his service number. Your information has confirmed that he survived, so that's a start.

Cheers,

Sam

Thanks

Default Michael Roquier Evans

Mike Evans survived the war and is still alive living in Ireland at 95 years old. I am his son and live in Colorado USA. Who is trying to get in touch with him?

Roland Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Thanks Bart and Amrit. I thought Mike Evans had survived the war, but didn't have his service number. Your information has confirmed that he survived, so that's a start.

Cheers,

Sam

Thanks

Dear Roland,

I posted the message concerning your father on behalf of his wireless operator for his tour with 149 Squadron. He had lost touch with your father soon after the end of his tour and wondered what had become of him.

Best wishes,

Sam

Thanks

Default Flt Lt M R Evans 149 Sqn

Probably a bit late, but P/O (acting Flt Lt) 88621 M.R. Evans was posted from 149 Sqn to 149 Sqn Conversion Flt w.e.f 7.5.42 then promptly posted to RAF Waterbeach w.e.f 10.5.42 . No further info in ORB/diary

Alan F

Thanks

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the additional material. I was really surprised to see this thread reactivated, so it goes to show that good things really do come to those that wait!

Cheers,

Sam

Thanks

Dear Roland,

After seeing your post, I spoke with your Father's Wireless Operator for his tour with 149, Jim Coman DFC. Jim would be really delighted to make contact with him again, so if you would like to send me a message through the private message facility we can hopefully sort something out.

Best wishes,

Sam

Thanks

Default Michael Roquier Evans

Sam,
    I have not checked here lately but I am glad to have your response. My father is 98 and lives in Ireland.
    I do not know how to do the private message facility. I am sure my father will be very pleased to hear from his wireless operator - he is still in pretty good shape but does not get around much.

Many thanks,
    Roland