Thread: HSL/RTTL 2552 - An update

Thanks

Default HSL/RTTL 2552 - An update

Hi,

As some of you may know I'm the new owner of the RAF High Speed Launch 2552, the first of the Type 3 BPB Co boats built.

Since my last post things have moved on an she is now out of the water, ready for the last stage of her current journey to Hooton Park is Cheshire where I'll start the restoration.

She was towed on the 9th Jan to Preston Marina where we allowed her to sink into the mud to protect her. Over the next weeks a special cradle was built (a bit like the Mary Rose in that respect), then on the 27th of Jan we lifted her out.

She will move on the 15th March to Hooton Park and will be allowed to dry out for 3-6 months before I can start working on her.

There are guided tours at Hooton Park on the last Sunday of the month where they have a small aircraft collection and vehicle collections at the Griffin Trust (on the same site) if anyone would like to come along and see her or the other exhibits. I'll be there to answer any questions people might have about her or her history.

There is a website I've started to detail the progress on her rebuild, plus her history. http://www.hsl2552.co.uk

Cheers

- Paul

Thanks

Well done, Paul, and the best of luck with the project. Pity you are so far away, I would be very happy to witness the progress.

Regards,
    Bruce (in Sussex)
    http://www.filephotoservice.co.uk/
    RESEARCH AT THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES & OTHER UK INSTITUTIONS

Thanks

More power to your elbow Paul! There are not enough of these wonderful old boats about and anyone who decides to bring one back from the dead deserves a real vote of thanks.

Rgds

Jonny
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

The move went ahead without issue today, the weather was terrible during the move and we caused a little bit of chaos in Preston while trying to get out.

There are various pictures of her as she was in the RAF and also pictures of the various steps in her move to this point at the http://hsl2552.co.uk website.

I'll be updating the website on a regular basis, charting the progress of her restoration, which will be starting in about a month as she has already dried out a huge amount.