Thread: 6 FPP Anson W1793 8.2.1942 crash

Thanks

Default 6 FPP Anson W1793 8.2.1942 crash

Hi-I am seeking a more exact location for this crash or if anyone has access to the 6 Ferry Pilot's Pool document.
    I have the A.M.Form 1180,the pilot was sadly killed,William Johnston Elliott from Chambersburg,America.A location of Buckles Heath is stated from a source but his death is registered in Cumbria.I have all the other details but I am seeking the location stated in the 6 FPP document.Is anyone going to The National Archives?

Regards,Philip
    55 Aircraft Accidents Research Group

Thanks

It's mentioned in 'Air Crashes in the Lake District' by Michael J Hurst, page 30. This gives the crash location as Buckles Heath, South Stainmoor, Cumbria. I'm guessing this means South Stainmore.

If you go onto Bing Maps, enter South Stainmore and use the Ordnance Survey map option, there's a place called Buckles about 1000 metres SW of South Stainmore.

Regards

Simon
    Last edited by wwrsimon; 19th March 2013 at 16:07. Reason: correcting a typo

Thanks

Ancestry.com databse - Reports of Deaths of American Citizens Abroad, 1835-1974

has a US legation form for him whcih gives place of death as: Buckle Heath, South Stainmore, Westmoreland, England

his death is registered in Westmoreland North district,
    http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/westmorland%20north.html
    Last edited by dennis_burke; 19th March 2013 at 16:14.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Default 6 FPP at The National Archives

Hi-Thanks for replying. As I mentioned I have all the information on this crash.I have a few locations for the crash,
    therefore if anyone is going to TNA,could you look up the document for 6 FPP and all I am after is a copy of the page for this crash or the location details.Please advise me of any costs by e-mail.

Thanks,Philip