Thread: National Archives at Kew - Help needed.

Thanks

Default National Archives at Kew - Help needed.

Dear All,

I am going to Germany to place a memorial to the crew of Lancaster DV329 (KM-W) of 44 Sqn. My Great Uncle was the pilot and killed on 23/11/43.

What I am really after if a photo of him or any of the crew of the aircraft, as all I have is one image of him in civilian clothing and nothing from his RAF days. The crew were:

Pilot Flight Lieutenant. Charles Ellison HILL RAF Number 127356 Killed
    Flt Engineer - Pilot Officer. Edric George WRIGHT RAF Number 156351 Killed
    Navigator Pilot Officer James MARSDEN RAF Number 156915 Killed
    Bomb Aimer / Air Gunner - Flying Officer Charles William NUNN RAF Number132381 Killed
    Wireless Operator - Flight Sergeant Thomas MYERSCOUGH RAF Number 1230232 - Killed
    Rear Gunner - Sergeant Ronald LEDSHAM RAF Number 1535227 Killed
    Mid upper Gunner - Sergeant Patrick Baldock KIRWAN RAF Number 700738 - Prisoner of war (Stalag IVb Muhlberg. Prisoner no 263692).

I have been told that RAF Form AIR29/645 may contain crew or individual photographs of the crew and as such could have something with one of DV329's crew members. So if anyone of off to Kew could they have a shuftie for me to see if any images of him, the crew or aircraft exist? I will pay any expenses incurred.
    Thanks
    Fred

Thanks

people might like to browse your old thread before repeating old advice from last year.

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?13537-Lancaster-DV329-(KM-W)-lost-23-11-43-help-needed/page3

Do the Squadron ORB indicate that they flew together regularly as a crew?

Have you contacted the other families, to let them know and the chances of finding a photo increase greatly that way I find.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Hello Dennis

Yes the crew flew regularly together since they came out of training with the exception of Myerscough who was on his first op with them as stand in w/op. The regular w/op was a chap called O'Brien who was tragically killed in another Lancaster the same night and on the same op!

I have only been able to trace the relatives of Nunn and Mysercough who have just one image each of the individuals and the relative of Marsden have no images. Hence the request to go to Kew to see if one exists.

Thanks
    Fred

Thanks

Fred,
    See my post on the Lanc-Archive site.
    Max
    Max Williams
    www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
    the story of Lancaster ME453

Thanks

Cheers Max
    Will do