Thread: 105 Otu

klaasvanderheide Guest

Default 105 Otu

Hello All.
    I hope there is someone out there who can tell me where 105 OTU was based in januari 1944.
    as always T.I.A.
    Klaas.

Thanks

Default No. 105 (Transport) O.T.U.

G'day Klaas

No. 105 (T) Operational Training Unit was based at R.A.F. Station Bramcote, Warwickshire from the time of its formation on the 5th of April 1943, to its re-designation to No. 1381 (Transport) Conversion Unit on the 10th of August 1945.

Cheers...Chris

klaasvanderheide Guest

Chris .
    Thank you for the prompt answer it always amazes me how much knowledge there is.
    Thanks again
    klaas

Thanks

I know this post is old but I have just come into possession of a logbook for Charles A E Webb who was in 105 OTU in 1943-4 I would love to find more information. He was a navigator and the logbook is an RCAF one.

Thanks

Hi Rob, my great uncle DD (Jack) Burdett (RNZAF) was a Pilot Officer at 105 OTU I believe it would have been about the same time as Charles A E Webb. Jack was in charge of Ascent/Descent flying Dec 43-June 44 and awarded AFC, according to the citation he "did much to improve the standard of flying". They flew Wellingtons, later Jack was posted to 167 Squadron flying Vickers Warwick MK3. Maybe Charles Webb posted there too?
    Last edited by Bruce Lewis; 6th February 2016 at 01:44.