Thread: RE: Condemnation

Thanks

Default RE: Condemnation

Dear All,

A recent news article (see http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22678874) states that graffiti has been written on the RAF Bomber Command memorial in Green Park.

I am sure all on this forum will join me in expressing absolute condemnation of this act.

RJW

Thanks

Not just the BC Memorial, but several others. We have to keep an open mind as to who the "scum" (and thats an insult to the word scum) were, who did this. Might very well have been done by persons of the Islamic community, but also possibly by others, wishing to steer blame in that direction, for their own sick benefit. I cannot understand how, with the masses of CCTV operating in the city, this has not been caught on film ?

Thanks

Vandalism is unlawful, also both sad and personally disrespectful to those who died and their relatives.

But the saddest thing of all is that millions died in two world wars and yet some of the worlds population still feel the need that civil wars are their answer, rather than making peace, getting along together and treating others as they wish to be treated which is a Biblical Command.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 28th May 2013 at 11:03.

Thanks

This was always going to happen with a memorial in central London which is not monitored 24/7 - Sir Arthur Harris's statue has already been 'done' several times.

I offered the view that the BC Memorial should be located in the NMA at Alrewas but my views were not thought to be valid. I'm comfortable with that contrary view and that's why democracy is so important. People may say and believe what they wish and I defend that right - defacing a memorial which honours the memory of those who paid the ultimate price and hence were denied a full life - is unforgiveable.

Interestingly, if the allies had lost the war and Hitler prevailed, would the protesters have enjoyed the freedom to deface the war graves cemetery at Cannock Chase, where so many of our former enemies are buried and rest in dignity?

Colin Cummings