Thread: 144 Sqdn info Nov. 1941

Thanks

Default 144 Sqdn info Nov. 1941

I am looking for further information regarding the above Squadron, based in North Luffenham, prior to 6th November, 1941. I am the only child of Sgt. Thomas George Miskin who went down off the coast of Terschilling on the night of 5th November, 1941 in Hampden AE424 after replacing a previous crew member, having flown in AE311 just prior. I have obtained his Service Record form the UK, but any photos of Sqdn members and especially flight debriefings around that time would be very much appreciated, to help me to create a picture of his last days.. I have the last photo taken of him, at home with my mother and I, and also the last few letters he wrote to his brothers, friends and my mother. One of my sons visited the Memorial at Runnymede and took some photos and brass rubbings. As his given names are the same as my father's, he found the experience very moving. I have just a few other memorabilia apart from the final certificate from K George VI which was lost in a fire. Michael Miskin, New Zealand.

Thanks

Hi Michael,

Here are the details on Hampden AE424 from Chorley's BCL:

Hampden AE424 (144 Squadron)
    Op: Anti-Shipping

P/O L N Evans +
    P/O H Walter +
    Sgt T G Miskin +
    Sgt G H S Bennett +

T/o North Luffenham. Lost without trace. All are commemorated on the Runnymede Memorial.