Thread: National Service Numbers

Thanks

Default National Service Numbers

Hi
    This is a shot in the dark, through the years of using this site i have seen references to Nationa Service Nos my
    brother 2319349 P A R Dummer was a conscrpt I am trying to find out approx what year he would have been called up I myself was conscipted In June 1949 2434797 H A R Dummer I had another brother who I have researched on this site we were all Inthe R A F I have tried getting his records from R A F Cranwell but with no joy I havent seen him For 45 years I dont know weather he Is still alive If I can find out approx when his no was
    Issued I will then look on the Schools of recruit training sites to see if he Is on any of the Group Photos, I was at West Kirby and two years ago I found my photo on their website as I have said before Many Thanks for your help In the past
    Harold Dummer.

Thanks

Hi Harold,

Using Peter's information here:

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?27-RAF-RAF-OR-Service-Numbers

it would seem your brother's number was in a block issued 2300000 to 2324999 Feb 1946 Padgate Non ATC

Regards,

Dave

Thanks

Harold, have you checked the family history sites for marriages and (lets hope not) deaths.

Send me names and I can search ancestry.com for you.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Adding to the advice from Dennis above, you also try a site called 192.com

As the title suggests this is a site which contains, inter alia, published telephone numbers but, even more important in this case, the edited Electorial Roll. If you entered the name required the site will return 'hits' and you then search from there. Much to my surprise, I was able to help somebody quite recently.

There are of course many caveats about what is covered. However, it's a start in line with the suggestion above.

Good Luck

Colin Cummings

Thanks

Default National service numbers

Hi All
    Many thanks for your replies, Thanks t you all I now have a place to start,I have found a photo on the Padgate Website which I believe Is my brother
    Thank You All
    Harold Dummer