Thread: Rhodesian Air Training Group Logbooks

Thanks

Default Rhodesian Air Training Group Logbooks

Help please,
    I am looking for copies from student's and instructor's log books who were trained in Rhodesia on Fairchild Cornells.

The Cornells were introduced from late 1943 and began to replace the Tiger Moths. This continued until shortly after VJ day when Lend-Lease funding ceased.

The individual Cornell RAF Form 78's identify which Cornells were dispatched to the RATG but do not include any details of which flying schools the aircraft were assigned to. The ORBs of each school contain few serial numbers and the Form 1180 accident summary cards for the RATG Cornells have not been found at Hendon.

I am compiling a list of these Cornells for inclusion the current series of articles on Rhodesian Air Training Group by Dave Newnham in Air-Britain's "Aeromilitaria". Therefore, it is the information gleaned from personal log books that such a list will be detailed. Dave and I have combined the infromation available from the logs books we already have and are now searching for further examples.

If anyone can help with copies from a RATG logbook would you please contact me through the private message system.
    Thank you, Freshman

Thanks

My father flew a few Cornell's when he was with the RATG from 1943 to 1945. I have his logbook so I'll check it and contact you ASAP.
    Max
    Max Williams
    www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
    the story of Lancaster ME453

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galgos View Post
    My father flew a few Cornell's when he was with the RATG from 1943 to 1945. I have his logbook so I'll check it and contact you ASAP.
    Max
    Max,
    Thank you very much, I have sent you a PM
    Tony

Thanks

If anyone has been unable to contact me through the Forum PM system, please try broadhurst[at]talk21.com.

My attempt to reply to Max via a PM this morning, hung and then vanished whilst re-entering my log-in. No doubt due the effects of the robots described by Ross.
    Thank you, Freshman