Thread: Demon K5692

Thanks

Default Demon K5692

Toml
    607 Sq crash photo
    Hi-A photograph exists showing a No.607 Squadron Hawker Demon K5692 tipped up with the nose in the ground and in a large flat field.What was the exact date of this accident and where was the accident.The pilot was Mr.Blackadder.

Thanks,Philip

Hi Philip,
    This thing's going nuts today, I can't access the original, and this is moving at the speed of a geriatric Donkey.

I have the photograph you mention sorry, I cannot pass it on. Hawker Demon K5692 took off from Usworth on Saturday 15 August 1937 for annual summer camp at Rochford. At 11-55 it made a heavy landing at Rochford breaking the starboard undercarriage and the outer wing tip. Pilot was William Francis Blackadder, passenger was LAC Armstrong. For some reason known only to himself, Blackadder made no note of this crash in his logbook, noting only that he landed at Rochford.
    I have no idea why he missed the crash out of his logbook entry, it does not appear in the Squadron ORB neither, it doesn't fit with the rest of his entries as he wasn't backward at coming forward and he did have a few bumps. He also flew K5692 on more than a few occasions notably the following year at Summer Camp which was without incident.

Best Wishes.
    Robert.

Thanks

This is the old thread, please try keep things altogther in single threads.

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?11089-607-Sq-crash-photo
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Hi Denis,
    It's in the first line, I can't access the original. Not sure if it's the weather or what. If it offends Ross can take it off.

Thanks

Mr Robert Doxon

I can read and I don't appreciate emails like that sent to my personel email. The forum has slow acecss these due to the web attacks Ross has explained about. You can keep your comments public thank you very much.

Dennis
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Hi Dennis,

I'm afraid I'm at a total loss here. I know the forum runs slow at times but that was not the case today. As far as I am aware it was weather related.

As for the email I sent you it was to explain this rather than bring it up on here. Here is the email, if its in anyway offensive I apologize, it certainly wasn't meant to be.

Hi Denis,

I am well aware of the rules on the RAF Commands site I have been on it long enough; one day more than you. I explained in the posting why it was there without going into some drawn-out twaddle. It was probably due to the weather I don't know but it took over half an hour to get the original posting on. Took over five minutes to get one line on later. Therefore I did not fully appreciate your comments no matter what the intention was.
    It was put on there to help some person who has asked for it, an associate of mine failed to answer him as well. I have been in his scenario more than a few times. I therefore answered in the only way I could as I have just discovered the information myself.
    As I said, if it offends or breaks any rules Ross will take it off. If there are any more adverse comments on it, strong feelings etc, I will take it off later.

Best Wishes.
    Robert.