Thread: Private Investigators v Private Researchers

Thanks

Default Private Investigators v Private Researchers

As you may have seen in the media, the Govt is getting it's knickers in a twist about Private Investigators! Now what we do on this (and other Fora) could be categorised as "Private Investigation". I hope it is made distictly clear that what we do does not come under the current proposed legislation - even though I see that proper journalism will be exempt. Do we all have to join the NUJ to become fireproof? Else us (and Ross!!) are going to have to jump through yet another set of hoops (Data Protection, Privacy, Freedom of Information, etc, etc,).
    Ross, get a soft, padded, top to your computer desk. It makes banging one's head on it less painfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if your computer desk top is padded then it's only a short journey (for all of us) to the padded cell in the Secure Accommodation!!
    Rgds
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

We have all seen the consequences of badly drafted legislation but the defference between 'investigation' and 'research' is the financial motive of the former.

That's my view and if it's proved wrong, I shall update you on this site before going in the 'slammer'!!!

Colin Cummings

Thanks

I would think the legislation was aimed at private investigators "for hire" and not unpaid researchers working for themselves. Just to be safe, I will refrain from responding to this forum while wearing a fedora...
    David

Thanks

They have to take the Ferry from Holyhead to get me. Our shower would probably extradite me anyway.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com