Thread: Help needed by Dutch researcher to trace airmans relatives - South Essex area .

Thanks

Default Help needed by Dutch researcher to trace airmans relatives - South Essex area .

I was listening to my local radio station yesterday morning and there was a brief article on there featuring a request from someone living in the Netherlands seeking information on an airman killed near his town in 1943.

A Halifax crashed and two of the crew were killed. The other five crew became POW's. He is placing a memorial to the two men killed near the crash site and unveiling it in September this year.

The airman who died was Bertram Thomas Henry Scudder and he came from Hadleigh in Essex. His parents were Edith Maud and Bert Henry Scudder. That's all he knows.

Having carried out this sort of research myself I know how hard it is and one needs all the help they can get.

Rob Lanting, the researcher, has given his e-mail address on air as: lantingrob@hotmail.com

I have tried putting a link to the radio show on here but for some reason it won't work.

Anyone interested please do a search on BBC Essex, The Dave Monk programme Fri 2/8/13 and go to 2 hours 33 mins and 24 seconds into the show.

ATB
    Last edited by STAN53; 2nd August 2013 at 23:28.

Thanks

I've emailed you with a possible address from the telephone directory.

Brian

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you both for the information.

Chris.

Thanks

Default Update on Dutch researchers memorial progress

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4t5vkodjkn56gcoe3fkkqctdv5&top ic=656117.70
    Last edited by STAN53; 16th August 2013 at 17:15. Reason: link dead