Thread: Form 543 query

Thanks

Default Form 543 query

I have an interesting note on a 543.
    " Ex-member A.T.C. F2171. 27 A.C.S.B. 11.3.43".

While I know that he failed A.C.S.B. at Birmingham on vision, I am intrigued by "Ex-member A.T.C. F.2171"
    What does F.2171 " mean?

2171 Sqdn A.T.C. is at Plymouth but I know this man went to an ATC in Cardiff.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

balloonman,
    This is a job for Malcolm on rafweb. He's the ATC expert. He's not listening out on the circuit all the time, but when he calls in I'm sure he will have the answer (or know someone who does!!).
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

I'm here now

I've no idea what F2171 is but it sounds like a RAF form to me as in F1250 for an id card or F1771 for a travel claim.

Perhaps F2171 is a form to be filled in when a candidate failed ACSB for a specified reason.

Malcolm

Thanks

F.2171 appears on a number of Service Records that I have seen in front of the ACSB No and Date (irrespective of whether the candidate has passed or failed).

Example F.2171 ACSB.7. 10.4.43

This suggests, as Malcolm says, that it is likely to be some form of reference / form number.

Regards

Pete

UPDATE: I have just found a copy of the RAF Form 2171A, which is the Aviation Candidates Selection Board Assessment Form. It contains the candidates scores from the "Standard Tests" and "Assessments at Interview"
    Last edited by PeteT; 5th August 2013 at 21:57. Reason: UPDATE added
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]