Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North Berwick Cemetery. East Lothian Scotland. Two names.

Thanks

Default North Berwick Cemetery. East Lothian Scotland. Two names.

Another of my queries that I need to find a starting point on.

I have,

Arthur Patrick Rice 573515 Corporal. 12/01/1943. He is mentioned in one of Henks many threads as being registered in Bristol. I am hoping someone might have more information on him an his death.

Second is,

Euphemia Mcgregor Souter 2043629 WAAF Corporal 30/08/1947

I would really like to know more about her.

There is a local archive where I should be able to find out quite a lot about all of these people but its good to have a starting point.
    Regards Scott McIntosh

ACIA Researcher

Search for Air Crash Investigation & Archaeology on Facebook for our groups page.

Thanks

Default North-Berwick-Cemetery.East-Lothian Scotland, Two names

Hello,
    Just a small correction
    Re: Arthur Patrick RICE, the date is 12th April 1943(12/04/1943), and not 12th January 1943(12/01/1943).
    Alex

Thanks

Scott if an airman is mentioned in a previous post can you please ask about them on that pist so that we dont go digging up repeated information about them again.
    If an airman is lusted as Died on Active service as man many of the lower ranks are, then it normally means you need to obtain their death cert as their death may not be related to an aircraft, they crashed their bike in black out, died of cancer, a desease, drowning, any numbrr of thongs.

But please try keep their mention in one place. Im referring to Rice in this case.

For others benefit
    http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?8184-430412-Unaccounted-airwomen-and-airmen-12-4-1943
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

For WAAF Souter

Can you check where is her death registered on
    freebmd.org.uk
    Or
    Scotlandspeople.gov.uk (and you do not need credits to confirm the district on this site, you simppy select each record group until your persons name returns in the database, then select the sub districts again to eliminate)

If your project is Scotish based you must expect to expend some cash on that later site as it gives you the death certs, so cause of death will be provided. Most WAAF will be Died on Active Service, this being 1947, it might be injuries received earlier.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

She's not recorded in England & Wales, but there are two deaths recorded in 1947 for her name in Scotland (you can get that much without credits). The other way of dealing with Scotland's People is get together a big list (150+) and take a trip to Edinburgh, last time I went it cost 10 for a day, so with a big list it is cheaper than credits.
    Alan Clark

Peak District Air Accident Research

http://www.peakdistrictaircrashes.co.uk/

Thanks

Hi dennis,

Sorry if I seemed to offend you or not follow protocol but unless I was aware of such a protocol then I surely could not have followed.

Regarding the date I exported the files from CWGC but I may have just made a typo. I will check.

Let me tell you a little of what I hope to achieve here.

I intend to list and research all airmen, women including navy within the county of east lothian using the exported data from CWGC. The information I am currently looking for is simply a first pass research to find any additional information available online.

A second pass will the be undertaken which should show up most of the information contained within the various online and real world archives. This is where the bulk of each individuals story will come from. I also have a local ar hive to take information from too.

The hope is to list and hopefully publish either online or book version all those buried in east lothian within the CWGC records.

I will try in future to keep on the same page. I wouldnt want to cause any extra work. But as my questions were very person specific I thought that would warrant their own page. And the fact that a google search does not always show the records already posted here.

Many thanks to everyone who has helped out so far.

I only have around 10 more names to do a first pass over not all of which I will ask about on here and then I will be onto the second pass.
    Regards Scott McIntosh

ACIA Researcher

Search for Air Crash Investigation & Archaeology on Facebook for our groups page.

Thanks

Scott,

"The information I am currently looking for is simply a first pass research to find any additional information available online."

It currently looks like you are relying on the members of the board to give you any additional information available online.

Google search will always show the records posted on this board - its what it is designed to do.

I do hope that you will credit everyone who does google and costly off line research for your project.

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?13302-Sources-Copyright

Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015/2020 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

Ross,

I am sorry if that is things seem. Put simply that is not my intention. You know yourself that I also do costly research having bought many books and records both from yourself and several other archives in the past. I am not relying on others but where I draw a blank on this first pass I know that a lot of guys on here are more than willing and able to help because they already have the information to hand. I would never ask someone to buy credits or a record to do a look up for me.

As for google I may just not be as good at finding stuff than others have. I know for sure that a couple of pages I looked for didnt show up. Maybe thats just because the search returned so many records and I missed them.

As for crediting everyone I would be happy to should I find myself able to get it published. Would a credit to RAF Commands forum contributors be enough or would everyone named in the credits individually be required.

If it is the general feeling of the board that I am relying solely on the board for my research then I would not ask for anymore help as I dont think that is fair on the board. I always share what information I have even copying records Ii have for no cost.

Thinking about it I wont ask any more questions just now until the feelings of the board members have been made clear. In particular people who have already contributed to any of my threads.

Thank you all for helping in the past and for reading.
    Regards Scott McIntosh

ACIA Researcher

Thanks

Can we just get on with it and stop being so dramatic.
    And its not a protocol just common sense.

Tehre are indeed deaths of two ladies of the same name in 1947 in Scotland, by process of elimination and based off an ancestry.com family tree, one of the ladies is a 75 year old and then there is a 43 year old.

the 43 year old, our WAAF is registered in St Andrew (Edinburgh) District, Midlothian.. She was born in 192 in North Berwick district, East Lothian.

the 75 year old is registered in North Berwick district, East Lothian,

Can only assume they are aunt and niece perhaps. The ancestry.com family trees only show the older woman, the younger does not show up but then her siblings families don't seem to be entered.

And he she is on a family tree from a google search

http://www.myheritage.com/site-family-tree-62174211/ewans-ancestry?rootIndivudalID=2000113&familyTreeID=2

it gives her medical cause of death there too.
    Last edited by dennis_burke; 19th August 2013 at 10:26.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Thanks Dennis.

I will get the death cert of Scotland's people when I do that part of my research. The local archive is a wealth of information too with various ancestry tools and papers to use as well as cemetery overviews etc.

As for being dramatic I only want to do right by the board as whats fair is fair.

But thank you for your continued help and for wanting to "get on with it" it helps a lot in the long run.
    Regards Scott McIntosh

ACIA Researcher