Thread: 12 Group Pool ORB

Thanks

Default 12 Group Pool ORB

Does anyone have this for when the unit was in existence at Aston Down 1939/1940 before it became 5 OTU? Many Thanks Paul

Thanks

Hi Paul ,

I have the following No 12 Group Pool Formed 15/9/39 at Aston Down ,Became No 5 OTU at Aston Down on 6/3/40.

and was renamed 55 OTU 1/11/40 .

I hope this Helps

Phill Jones

Thanks

Yet another opportunity to reflect on the sad and untimely passing of Ray Sturtivant - where would we be without him!

"RAF Flying Training and Support Units" includes a reasonably substantive entry for the 12 Group Pool including quite a lot of detail regarding the a/c on charge so Ray must have found something. As you may know there are no hits on separate ORBs for the Group Pools at Kew but there are some general administration files on the Fighter Group Pools. 12 Group Pool was not co-located with 12 Group HQ so for what it is worth I think I would first try the Aston Down Base ORB or the front end of the 5 OTU ORB.

Steve

Thanks

Thanks to Phill I now know that P/O Meaker and P/O Ambrose joined 12 Group Pool ORB together on 23 Feb 1940 and left a month later together (23rd March 1940) (when it as now 5 OTU) as part of Course 8 to go to 46 Sqn and there appears no incidents there involving them

Now I am looking for a baleout for these two probably earlier. Please see my other 12 FTS Posting!

Paul