Thread: "With Prejudice" (The war memoirs of Marshal of the Royal Air Force, Lord Tedder)

Thanks

Default "With Prejudice" (The war memoirs of Marshal of the Royal Air Force, Lord Tedder)

Would anyone have a copy of "With Prejudice; The war memoirs of Marshal of the Royal Air Force, Lord Tedder"? It was published in 1966, but there don't appear to be any copies on the Internet. Although I could probably obtain one through my library, I'd like to know how much he devotes to the period 1-5 June 1944, and especially the met briefings.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Brian

Thanks

Hi Brian, sorry, I don't have a copy of the book but read it a while ago. FWIW, my recollection is that it's more at policy/political level and I don't recall particular mention of met conditions for Overlord.

Richard

Thanks

Much obliged, Richard. I didn't expect too much, but he was Eisenhower's deputy and it was my hope he made some reference to them, especially the briefings on 4/5th June. It's not the meteorology that concerns me, but who was actually involved in the briefing. I'm 99% sure Gp Capt Stagg, the chief met advisor, was the only one who spoke, but his American deputy also claims to have had an input and I'm looking for clues that confirm or deny this.

Brian

Thanks

Default G/C Stagg, Senior Meteorologist.

Hello,

There is mention of the Senior Meteorologist, Group Captain Stagg's contribution to the preparation and planning for D-Day in Tedder's book. He receives mention on pp.544-6 and 548, including a direct quote (p.546).

See:
    With Prejudice:The War Memoirs of the Marshal of the Royal Air Force, Lord Tedder, C.C.B.
    Lord Tedder.
    London:Cassell,1966.

Col.
    Last edited by COL BRUGGY; 9th September 2013 at 23:40.

Thanks

Brian,

I have emailed you a scan of the relevant pages.

Errol

Thanks

Very many thanks, Errol, that's exactly what I was seeking. I'll email you.

Brian