Thread: 69 Squadron, Wellington MF397, Vaassen

Karel Guest

Default 69 Squadron, Wellington MF397, Vaassen

Hi all,

Over the past years I have been researching the crashes of several planes in the vincinety of Vaassen. This resulted in tracing the next-of-kin of most airman killed and burried in Vaassen. Also a committe Broken Wings was formed (see for more info; www.brokenwings.nl).

Still looking for next-of-kin of the pilot of the Wellington MF397 who crashed in vaassen in april 1945, pilot Hunt. As well as more info on LAC Tulley.

If anyone can help out, feel free to get in touch.

Yours,
    karel

Thanks

Hi Karel
    This a/c was part of 2nd TAF and is mentioned in Vol 3 of 2nd TAF by Shores and Thomas. It failed to return from a Recce to the Apeldoorn/Amersfort area in N Holland on 7/4/45 with all the crew KIA. The CWGC site http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_details.aspx?casualty=2647976 gives Sgt Hunt's details incl his Next of Kin at the time of his death. There is no mention of an LAC Tulley among those on board but CWGC has him at http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_details.aspx?casualty=2647982 incl his N.O.K.
    Regards
    Dick

Karel Guest

Dick,

thanks a lot. I did find these information already. But no lead from there to any living next-of-kin. So hoping to get further information.

Cheerio,
    Karel

Thanks

Hi Karel,

I hope you got my email, if not, check your email spam filter. Do you want me to pursue this line of research?

Best wishes,

Howard
    Last edited by Howdie; 26th November 2007 at 19:24.

Thanks

I have searched the Probate registers for you and found that Sgt. Hunt's mother died as a widow in 1955. Probate at the Exeter Office to a doctor and solicitor. It is noted that the probate was resealed in Tasmania in 1956. So a brother or sister looks to have emigrated; the will should give details.

Howard