Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RAF Casualty Packs 1939-45 Public Access

Thanks

Thanks

Recently I submitted a FOI request to TNA, today they responded saying they have now completed up to the end of 1940 and were unable to give me any timescale on the rest of the files.

Thanks

Paul

did you post a tabular format list last night, up to August 15 1940, I thought I was browsing it in the phone late last night, maybe I'm raving.

EDIT: I'm raving, it was your table on thread page 3. Never mind, great work
    Last edited by dennis_burke; 7th March 2018 at 11:40.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Further to my earlier post I submitted a second FOI request as I wasn't happy with the first response. I received the following response today

"I can confirm that The National Archives has received the next batch on the 1st of Feb 2018. Our Transfer and Access department are now processing these records by:

confirming that all records delivered were the expected ones
    confirming the cataloguing standards and preparation standards
    making the descriptions available in our catalogue
    moving the files to a permanent place in The National Archives’ repositories
    making the record available to be viewed by the public if it is transferred open (an open record is a record that is available for public access on an unconditional basis)

We currently estimate these records will be available in to view early April 2018, providing no significant issues are identified with the above."

So it looks like more records will be available next month. I have asked them to provide details of the batches and a forecast of when they will be available.

Daz

Thanks

I have now had a further response, the files which will be available in April cover the period September 1940 to April 1941.

Thanks

Attempt No.2, first one ended in me trying to edit the post for the forum to delete it.

The next batch have been released covering file references AIR 81/3330 - AIR 81/5746, the date range covers a few missing files which should have been in earlier releases (going back to 3rd Sept 1939) but is on the whole 18th September 1940 to 8th April 1941 with a few outliers.

Thanks

Hello, I started research back in 2007 into the deaths of Roy Ernest Brown and William Roy Clapham who were shot down on 28th May 1940, but with family fell to the wayside. Now back again and so much more on line, however the National Archives quoted me £156 to get a copy of AIR 81/619! I am guessing it covers many deaths and not just the ones I wanted?

I am also hoping Joss Le Clerq is still on here as I believe he has a photo of their burial site at St Momelin where they were until moved to St Omer?

Would be great if anyone can help?
    Liz

Thanks

Liz

There will be independent researchers who can do it much cheaper and quicker

If you email me I will send you details of who I use

See my member details for contact info

Paul

Thanks

Hello Liz / Lizzie

I have this casualty pack. I'm sorry for the expensive quote, but this reference is for the crew made of Brown and Clapham only !

e-mail me if you want a copy. Click on my name in the upper left corner of the box, it will open a menu with my contact détails.

I'm interested in the family background.

Joss

Thanks

Hello Joss

Yes please, dropped you a PM.

If I can help you I will.

Thanks
    Liz