Thread: A terrible story

Thanks

Default A terrible story

I wasnt aware that such desecration went on still.

http://sas.raf38group.org/forum/view...hp?f=21&t=2018

it makes sobering reading.

Thanks

I have seen 'crash relics' for sale on ebay recently and even with my currently limited but growing knowledge I have been quickly able to ascertain that, if the items are
    indeed genuine, then they came from crashes that resulted in the loss of airmen's lives. I find it hard to imagine anything more despicable. Grave robbers is a very appropriate
    term to describe such ghoulish exploitation.

Thanks

Sobering reading indeed, and i would have preferred the story to have remained on S.A.S site only but......, being the person who posted the item, i would sincerely ask members to refrain from putting any of their thoughts of identification of aircraft and archaeologist in question, on the forum.
    Alan.
    Last edited by AlanW; 26th October 2013 at 08:33.

Thanks

I am very angry that the majority of digs are allowed or even considered for the recovery of parts, without some really good absolute cause, such as they are rare and required for an official museum.

I understand that some recovered aircraft parts have since been scrapped, what was the point of that? Simply selling recovered aircraft parts is no better either!

I thought that digging Military Remains [including aircraft] sites were banned, when there was just only a slight possibility that the site might be a war grave.

Documents in my family, indicate that even some RAF aircrew on an official IWGC / CWGC grave marker, might still be missing as I am aware from family papers that loved ones were reluctantly added to a grave marker after great and much protracted correspondence at the time.

When human remains are found, attempts must be made to identify them, they should be afforded a proper reburial and at least an official record made for enquiring relatives at the time or descendants later. My personal view is that I would want to be consulted and formally notified.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 28th October 2013 at 07:00.

Thanks

Is not it a criminal offence?