Thread: With Prejudice: The War Memoirs of Marshal of the Royal Air Force, Lord Tedder

Thanks

Default With Prejudice: The War Memoirs of Marshal of the Royal Air Force, Lord Tedder

Does anyone have a copy of this book, published in 1966, please? I'd like to know if there are any references to Tedder visiting or flying to France between 7 June and 24 August 1944.

I appreciate there are other books about Tedder - Vincent Orange's 2004 book Tedder: Quietly in Command and Roderic Owen's Tedder (1952) - but I thought the memoirs would be more likely to contain the information.

Brian

Thanks

Brian,

Tedder flew to Normandy in a B-17 on morning of 15 June. Returned either same day or early the next (was at a meeting at Stanmore on morning of 16th).

'Went to France' again on 29 June. Returned either same day or on 30th or possibly 1 July.

These seem to be the only journeys he made to France during June-August, though his book is long and my scanning of the relevant pages was fairly brisk.

Reason for the visits was a problem with Montgomery's progress ,or rather the lack of.

Errol