Thread: ORs pay in W2

Thanks

Default ORs pay in W2

The RAF officer pay scale has been discussed on the forum here http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sho...pay-scales-WW2, but there's nothing similar for ORs (unless I've missed it) - could someone please advise?

On the same theme was there a scale of subsistence payments?

I appreciate that most RAF personnel were provided with accommodation or lodging at/near their units, but the case I'm exploring relates to four men serving continuously on ships in mid-Atlantic which spent a week or less replenishing stores at a Canadian port between four-week voyages. Whilst in port the ships were moored in mid-stream except when loading, which meant the men were unable to relax away from the confines of their 'home'. To ease matters the OiC requested subsistence so the men could take lodgings ashore - the response is unrecorded as the ships were lost on their next voyages and the file closed.

Brian

Thanks

I should have realised that no 'simple' question is ever that simple! Fortunately PeteT provided the answer from the publication ABC of the RAF: Handbook of all Branches of the RAF, published in 1942. The pay scale depended on which pay Group a trade fell in - there being six Groups, I to V and M.

The 160-page publication is pretty comprehensive and worth looking at (notice the title includes 'all Branches'), and may be found at http://www.44th-entry.org.uk/ABC%20of%20the%20RAF.html ; the pay scales are on pages 112-113.

My thanks Pete for your guidance, much appreciated.

Brian