Thread: F/Sgt Elvin Peter Fast, DFM (Can/R.101037)

Thanks

Default F/Sgt Elvin Peter Fast, DFM (Can/R.101037)

Good/morning night to all!

During our researches, sometimes we found ourselves in a “cul de sac”, without alternatives or without options. I have been trying since a long time to find a picture or the relatives of
    F/SGT ELVIN PETER FAST, DFM (CAN/R.101037)

This is a long shot and the last resource I found: to edit this plead on this forum. So I do apologize for all who may find it inconvenient and do hope you may understand the point.

Any helpful detail of this airman, his WW2 career, a picture or contact of relatives, please contact me: baumgartner_asv@yahoo.com.br

Adriano Silva Baumgartner

Thanks

Alvin Peter Fast (Alvin, not Elvin):

http://airforce.ca/awards.php?search...mem=&type=rcaf

http://www.156squadron.com/view_airc...p?pCrewId=1949

Died September 2006. His obituary appears on the Aldergrove Star newspaper website, if you Google it.

Regards

Simon
    Last edited by wwrsimon; 19th January 2014 at 12:11. Reason: Removed direct link to Obituary

Thanks

Simon,

I do thank you the links for both 156 Squadron's site (which I knew and where you will see the name Elvin, since my error) and RCAF (Honours and Awards - which we owe to Hugh Halliday). I didn't know, however the name of Alvin's sons, which opens a new possibility of contact. So, thank you very much for his obituary and your most valuable help and information.
    I remain yours,
    Adriano S. Baumgartner