Thread: Daniel Edward Cremin 36128

Thanks

Default Daniel Edward Cremin 36128

Further to my previous post regarding this man.
    Does anyone know when he joined 66 Sqn.
    Fighter Squadrons of the RAF by Rawlings lists him as C.O. March 42 - May 42.
    This cannot be right as he was killed in a flying accident in March 42.
    TIA
    Andy ingham

Thanks

Default sqdrn/l D E Cremin 66 Sqdn

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ingham View Post
    Further to my previous post regarding this man.
    Does anyone know when he joined 66 Sqn.
    Fighter Squadrons of the RAF by Rawlings lists him as C.O. March 42 - May 42.
    This cannot be right as he was killed in a flying accident in March 42.
    TIA
    Andy ingham
    Hi Sorry for the long delay but I have only just joined. Dan Cremin was my father and he died 24th March having been sqn leader at Portreath with 66 for exactly one month. Service record shows his command started 24 Feb. Do you mind me asking why you are interested in him? Have you got any other info on him? Thanks Mark Cremin

Thanks

This is incredible, someone completely unknown to me, rang me two nights ago asking me for info about the collision over St Erth between Daniel Cremin and William Norman RAAF, i am expecting another call from him soon. I think he was pointing towards getting a local memorial erected to the two airmen. The crash site is very close to where i work.
    Alan

Thanks

Hi guys iam a keen metal detectorist and I research ww 2 events in Cornwall about a mouth ago I found the spot Daniel Edward cremins plane crash I. Uncovered quite a bit of wreckage stil in the ground after 70 years and a burnt penny he had on his person at time of the crash, iam also trying to find the crash site of the Outher spitfire that crashed that day .if ican be any Help to you guys let us know shauney strick