Thread: F/O Owen Clarson RCAF

Thanks

Default F/O Owen Clarson RCAF

Me again - sorry.
    Looking for help re: the above F/O who is NOT listed in "They Shall Not Grow Old."
    Seemingly he was in an Oxford that took off from RAF Snitterfield and crashed on January 8, 1945.
    Seemingly the pilot was ferrying two others to Church Lawford in bad weather.
    This information is from a secondary source and I have little else to go on.
    Again, thanks for your patience and assistance.
    Bob

Thanks

They Shall Not Grow Old is known to contain several errors and omissions. According to the CWGC database, your man is P/O Owen Monroe Wovenden Clarson, J/25795. His parents are listed as Henry Thomas Clarson and Dorothea L. Clarson, of Gardenvale, PQ.

The amazing Paradie Archive, at http://aircrewremembered.com/ParadieArchiveC.html lists him as Clarkson (same serial number), and gives his unit as 1546 Beam ATF, the aircraft as Oxford LW903, and the crash site as 3 miles NE of Chopgate - Yorkshire.
    Last edited by Bill Walker; 30th January 2014 at 04:13. Reason: added info from Paradie Archive

Thanks

Thanks Bill.
    Agree that the Paradie Archive is great.
    Cheers,
    Bob

Thanks

Default F/O Owen Clarson RCAF

Owen Munro Wovenden Clarson was my Dad's first cousin. I have copies of his military records. Here is a link to a website with more information on his crash.
    http://www.yorkshire-aircraft.co.uk/.../45/lw903.html

That site also has two pictures of him which I submitted. Is there any more information in particular that you are looking for?