Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info on Donald Audsley Groundcrew engineer for 175 Squadron

Thanks

Default Info on Donald Audsley Groundcrew engineer for 175 Squadron

I dont know much more than this as when he was alive he did not talk about the war. All i know is at somepoint during the war he was left for dead until someone saw him breathing and rescued him. I would like to try and find out when and where this happened. I have requested his records but have to wait fior these.

Thanks

Hi

Do you have any idea of dates or locations? This will enable us to look at both the Operational Record Books for the Squadron but maybe more importantly, the Station or airfield and it would narrow down the time period.

Regards,

Nick
    KenFentonsWar.com

Thanks

Hi Nick i have asked my uncle for rough dates we dont know a lot as he would not speak about it so far i know he worked on the typhoons and at some point based at westhampnett and he left the Raf exactly a year after 175 was disbanded he went to france and germany with the squadron. I will email again when my uncle gets back to me

Thank you Mark

Thanks

Hi again my uncle said he joined around April 1943 but that's all he knows

Thanks

I have had a quick look but I have not been able to find a Donald Audsley on the index of airmen and airwomen (AIR78) at the National Archives.

http://discovery.nationalarchives.go...dex=3&page=242

The cards are however out of sequence around that surname (so I may have missed it) .... can I just check that the surname spelling is correct.

Regards

Pete
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]

Thanks

Hi Pete yes it's Donald Audsley I have birth/death certificate if required he was born 6th January 1921 and married my nan in September 1942 his occupation on the certificate states aircraftmen. I know after the war had finished he worked for Boac

Thanks

The marriage cert in 1942 would not have described him as AC if he joined in 1943.

Service number 1531928, enrolled at Padgate 1941

Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015/2018 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

Hi Ross he worked on aircraft pre and postwar . Is that his actual service number we have never had it thanks mark

Thanks

Guys,

I'm not up on Ground Crew or the Squadron and Station ORB's once the squadrons went to France but the accident must be something that there would be records of.

I am off to Kew in the next few days, any pointers on a quick looksee?

Regards,

Nick
    KenFentonsWAr.com

Thanks

That's very kind of you nick what date did the squadron leave for France?