Thread: Brian Douglas, Scotland

Thanks

Default Brian Douglas, Scotland

Looking for any information referencing Brian Douglas who died saving my father Richard Andrew Campbell during WWII. my father was in the Air Force and Brian Douglas was in the British Military. Douglas died saving my father somewhere in Europe in a tunnel. They work for a group named ZED. Can't find any record of ZED anywhere. They work for a secret military group behind German lines. This may seem a bit far out but this is what I have lived with since my name is Brian Douglas Campbell. This is about all I have to go on. Any direction would be helpful.

Thanks

Brian,

According to published sources, nearly 6 million Brits service personnel served in WW2. Without more information, you are going to struggle to identify your chap, I fear.

It might help to obtain your father's service records to ascertain what units he served with during the war. There is a chance that Brian Douglas was also a member of that unit. I would also search the Commonwealth War Graves Commission site using the name you have. The service records may assist in narrowing down the search results.

Rgds

Jonny
    Last edited by jonny; 11th February 2014 at 15:25. Reason: Additional Thoughts
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Found no Brian Douglas nor Douglass nor even B Douglas that would fit.

Thanks

Only one Brian Douglas listed on CWGC, and that is Lieutenant Brian.Roderick Douglas of the SAAF, died 7th Sept 42, 4sqdn, Buried in El Alamein War Cemetery.
    Last edited by AlanW; 12th February 2014 at 16:38.