Thread: Anyone know a professional researcher in Washington who can obtain USAAF records?

Thanks

Default Anyone know a professional researcher in Washington who can obtain USAAF records?

I am trying to find a researcher in the USA who can visit the US National Archives to obtain some USAAF personnel records for American Aircrew killed in action with Bomber Command. I know that there are quite a few such professional researchers you can contact over here to do work at our National Archives does anyone have a US equivalent contact?
    And I am assuming those records are released as they are in Canada and Australia.....?

Thanks

Hi, I know of one researcher, a Vietnam veteran who specializes in US ARMY records from Vietnam. I am sure he may know of other researchers having different historical specialties. Michael F. Bracey, 2708 Middle Neck Road, Odenton, MD 21113, USA. Sorry but my e-mail for him was erased during a computer attack from someone in the UK--so my computer tech tells me.
    Norman Malayney

Thanks

The US National Archives has a website that lists various ways of obtaining files, including hiring researchers.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/mil...t-methods.html
    David