Thread: DFM citation

Thanks

Default DFM citation

Can anybody assist with the DFM Citation for 1256278 Sgt. Norman John Warfield which was Gazetted on 7 August 1942.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi,

I assume you've seen this already -- http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issu...pplements/3498 (top right corner).

Cheers,

Fox.
    Author of Crash in Bayeux - The Last Flight of Sergeant Ferguson (ISBN 979-10-91044-13-4) - www.facebook.com/crashinbayeux.

Thanks

Hi Fox
    Thank you for the details but as you rightly assumed I already seen it. I always get frustrated when searching the Gazette, I can sometimes, not always, find when the award was given but can never find the citation for the deed. I can spend ages trying and by the end of a frustrating search ready to pull my hair out.
    Regards, Roy

Thanks

Roy, Hi,
    I'm glad somebody else gets variable responses from the LG for identical search requests. I just thought that it was me swearing loudly at it - or, as Pavel Vlacec so eloquently put it on another Thread, "the problem existed between the chair and the keyboard"!!!!!
    Rgds
    Peter
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

29 ops. Special mention of op to Lubeck when he was 'forced down to 1500 ft. and later to a few hundred ft. above the ground. Despite this, however he pressed home his attack with outstanding skill and, although damaged in many places, successfully brought his aircraft out if this predicament and complerted his task'

Thanks

"This Non-Commissioned Officer has carried out 29 successful operations over enemy territory. On all occasions he has shown a consistent skill and courage. He has always pressed home his attacks with vigour and determination, often in the face of the heaviest enemy defences. His natural qualities of leadership coupled with his ability as a pilot have set an example which has resounded throughout his crew. On one occasion recently he was ordered to attack Lubeck from a low height. He was severely handicapped by the enemy ground defences and, at first, forced down to 1,500 feet and later to a few hundred feet above the ground. Despite this, however, Sergeant Warfield pressed home his attack with outstanding skill and, although damaged in many places, successfully brought his aircraft out of this predicament and completed his task."

Recommended when he had flown 29 sorties (147 hours 35 minutes). Found in Air 2/9595 at Kew and cited in "The Distinguished Flying Medal Register for the Second World War" by Ian Tavender. If you consult the original file you may find a complete sortie list.

Thanks

Thanks John
    Details greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hugh
    Thank you for expanding on the details posted by John. I really appreciate your time and effort and gratefull for the information.
    Regards, Roy