Thread: 300 Polish Bomber Squadron / Bakalarski

Thanks

Default 300 Polish Bomber Squadron / Bakalarski

Hi , does anyone have the ORB for 300 Polish Bomber Sqd , i am seeking Information regarding The crew of Wellington Z1270 Shot down by German Nightfighter on return leg from Hamburg 27/6/42 , The pilot being P Bakalarski

Crew were . H Falinski
    Z Kobiela
    J Olszewski .
    B Boguszewski , all crew members being wounded except the Pilot , However Boguszewski died as a result of wounds received while being brought out of the wreckage of the Wellington .

i note the DCM awarded to Bakalarski for his exploits etc during his escape from captivity .

i also note Bakalarski Abandoning another Wellington ( N2813) 20/5/42 while at 18 OTU i am assuming he was flying with the same crew on this night as on the 27/6/42.

does anyone know what became of Bakalarski or his surviving crew after the war ? does anyone know of any photographs of this crew ? i know a long shot this one but we can but try the latter Incident occurred close to where i live in Wales and i am trying to gain as much info as i can .

TIA Phill Jones

Thanks

Hi Phil,
    I have been researching the history of 300 (Polish) Bomber Squadron and I think I will be able to help you regarding Sgt Piotr Bakalarski and his crew who were shot down on 26/27 July 1942.
    Sent me an e-mail and I will try to reply asap.

Regards,
    Greg

Thanks

Greg , thank you , i have sent you an email Rgs Phill Jones