Thread: Corporal George Harris Cummings

Thanks

Default Corporal George Harris Cummings

I'm seeking any info on Corporal George Harris Cummings (known generally as Harris) who served as an Engineer, Groundcrew, between 1940 and 1946. Information to date is sketchy bit it appears he served in Scotland and in Colerne, Wiltshire where he met a Miss Malveen Jones who he later married in 1948.

Here's hoping!

Gerry

Thanks

He's listed on a family tree on ancestry.co.uk, if you have an account with them. Born in Strabane, married Miss Jones in Bath in 1948, died in Loughbrickland, County Down. The owner of the family tree was last active on ancestry.co.uk yesterday.

Regards

Simon

Thanks

Default George Harris Cummings - from his son

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Gerry View Post
    I'm seeking any info on Corporal George Harris Cummings (known generally as Harris) who served as an Engineer, Groundcrew, between 1940 and 1946. Information to date is sketchy bit it appears he served in Scotland and in Colerne, Wiltshire where he met a Miss Malveen Jones who he later married in 1948.

Here's hoping!

Gerry
    Hi - Wee Gerry
    I am one of Harris Cummings' 4 children - his eldest son, Robert.
    I only came across your forum note when I googled my dad's name a couple of days ago.

He married Malveen in 1948 and mum passed away in 2007.
    My dad trained as a teacher after the war.
    He taught first in a Dromore, County Down and was then, for 27 years, from 1954 until his death ( from cancer) in 1981, Principal of Loughbrickland County Primary School. We lived in Loughbrickland for many years.

i noticed Gerry that you are from Banbridge or close to there. I have a sister living very close to Banbridge.
    I would be very interested in catching up with you to learn and share a bit more about my dad.

You can email me on bj77jb@gmail.com if you would like further contact.

Robert