Thread: 16 otu

Thanks

Default 16 otu

Looking to see if someone may have a copy of the ORB for July 1941. A number of airmen were posted to 408 Squadron, looking for names and initials.
    Thanks, Richard

Thanks

Richard

144 Squadron records the arrival of a number of Canadian Navigators from 16 OTU on the 4/7/41. A following entry has three of them transferring to 408 Squadron Lindholme a few days later on the 10/7/41.

Can/R67522 Sgt AT McMillan
    Can/R69882 Sgt DN Ross
    Can/R60897 Sgt HE Marshall

My father trained as a pilot with 16OTU at the same time, none of their names appear in his log book. His navigator however was a Canadian Can/R64728 Sgt JG Rogers. Transferring at the same time as those above. He stayed with 144 Squadron. As was the custom with new pilots my father flew as a navigator on his third operation with an experienced crew to Cologne at the end of July. The crew he trained with including Sgt Rogers flew with another pilot on the same operation all were killed when Hampden AE252 came down returning from Cologne.

I have included 408 Squadrons spell flying out of North Luffenham in February 42 in my own research on 144 Squadron.

Hope others can help add to your enquiry.

John

Thanks

Thanks John. The 408 Squadron ORB omits initials on aircrew for much of their time with the Hampdens. I was hoping to be able to complete their name with a service number. Your 3 names shorten up the list.

Regards, Richard