Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Psychological assessment of operational pilots (late 1944-45)

Thanks

Adam

Many thanks for sharing the link to AP3139 and the other reading materials listed.

My interests lie in photo recce though I have a passing interest in medical aspects due to the high altitude work they did and also as my grandfather who passed away before I was born was a MO with Coastal Command. He had two other brothers one of whom died while with fighter command and another brother who served with Bomber Command as a rear gunner. I've yet to find out which bomber unit he served with but understand that he was rested for a time following heavy losses by their squadron in which a sizeable number of his friends were lost.

Also thanks to Grounded for starting a topic which aside from helping towards answering his initial question has the huge benefit of throwing up new sources of information that for bods like myself would never be aware of.

Kind regards
    Pierre

Thanks

Pierre. No worries. As it happens, PR and the Interpretation side of life are also interests of mine. I've spent some happy hours at Kew going through Forms White and Forms Green for the sorties and reading bout the battles to secure Spitfire and Mosquito aircraft when other Commands wanted not to give them up! As it happens, we re cycling in the Thames Valley this weekend. The Memsahib does not yet know that we will cycle to Benson for a look and a photograph! Adam