Thread: Information on Douglas H Seale. Squadron Leader, 45689, 110 Squadron. Shot down 1941?

Thanks

Default Information on Douglas H Seale. Squadron Leader, 45689, 110 Squadron. Shot down 1941?

Can anybody provide me with any information at all on Douglas Holland Seale? He was shot down when flying from Malta to attack Axis shipping in Tripoli on July 9th 1941. Acting Squadron Leader, 45689, 110 Squadron - AFAIK .

Family was from Little Eaton, Derbyshire I believe. I am trying to contact them to give them some papers. My mother (deceased) was married to Douglas Holland Seale and I have obtained some old papers from her that I would sincerely like to send to his relatives if I can find them. Any ideas? Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks

Hi,

it will not help you much but few more details about his last operation can be found in another thread of this forum:

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sho...on-July-9-1941

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

I don't know if this helps, but there are four Seales still living in the locality. It may be they are unrelated to your family, but there would be no harm in contacting them to see if there is a link. For their telephone numbers go to

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publi...earch.publisha

and enter 'Seale' and 'Little Eaton' in the search facilty for the names and numbers.

It's a long shot but always worth a try.

Thanks

Hi
    I came across a marriage in Findmypast between a Douglas H Searle and Mourilyan I Munro registered in the 3rd Qtr of 1939 right at the outbreak of WW2, Cwgc has him as on the Runnymede Memorial(i.e. no known grave) but do not record any marriage in his N.o.K, giving only his parents. CWGC may have other information about his family that they did not put on his Certificate. It might be worth contacting them
    Regards
    Dick

Thanks

Thank you all so much. Most helpful. M.I. Munro was my mother - hence my access to the papers. I will let you know if I make any progress.

Thanks

I have manged to locate Douglas Seale's niece and his 90 year old sister thanks to the 'phone tip. I am MOST grateful.