Thread: Angus A.V. MAXWELLl, RAF service no 1586604, then 198678

Thanks

Default Angus A.V. MAXWELLl, RAF service no 1586604, then 198678

Dear all,
    I'm trying to find details about the career of Angus Anwyl Vaughn MAXWELL - joined the RAF at Weston-super-Mare in 1941 number 1586604.

Things go very quiet for 4 years, then I picked him up again in July 1945 when he becomes a Pilot Officer with 184 Squadron. He joined 184 in Feb that year as Flt Sgt flying Typhoons ("our new MCC"), and the 184 website has been really helpful.

However, I can't find what he did before 1945 - has anyone come across him please? It appears he might have been known as "Pete" for some reason.

After the war he stayed in the RAF, making Squadron Leader when he retired in 1965, and then became an inspirational primary school teacher in Bristol.

Any information would be gratefully received.
    Many thanks,
    Sara

Thanks

Sara,

Its a rather large haystack I am afraid. If you can comply with the regs laid down by the MoD in their Publication Scheme, you can apply for this gentleman's service records. Try logging on to the Service Personnel and Vets Agency website for further details. His service record should provide you the detail you need for his pre '45 work.

Rgds

Jonny
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Thanks for coming back so quickly Jonny - I will have to wait another 3 years for the 25 years to be up! I am still hoping that I manage to find some information in the meantime. As you say, a large haystack, and confusing for those of us not used to all this!
    Best wishes,
    Sara