Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordering death certificates - experiences

Thanks

Default Ordering death certificates - experiences

Following brilliant advise in this thread
    http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?t=933

I ordered a copy of the mentioned death certificate in February 2008. As a have not heard from them I posted an inquiry the other day and got an auto-reply telling that they were very busy. The original order indicated an estimated delivery date on 25 February 2008.

I this a normal delay that I am experiencing? The cost of the order was drawn from my credit card on 21 February 2008 indicaring that a transaction had taken place.

TIA,

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Default Delays

Mikkel, that's far from normal! If you were able to do a search and list the volume and page reference for the regisration of the death, you could/should have received the copy within a matter of days - one that I ordered quite recently was delivered within a week though I was given an estimate of 10 days. If you've just given them a name and rough date of death it takes longer because they have to search....but not 2 to 3 months!
    Max

Thanks

Mikkel,
    I agree with Max. I've been ordering B, M, or D Certs - on-line - from GRO at Southport for about 4 yrs now. They have always turned up (despite the best efforts of the UK mail system!!) within the Expected Date.
    HTH
    Peter Davies

Thanks

Thanks Max and Peter,
    I'll wait for an answer, but it seems like somthing went wrong for me.

It is the first time I have ever experienced any trouble what so ever ordering on-line from the UK.

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War

Thanks

Hi Mikkel
    This has nothing to do with this thread but on TOH there is a thread asking for I/D of various pilots at Coltishall in 1945. 2 of them show the same Danish airman and knowing your interest it might be worth a look if you haven't done so already.
    http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=12965
    Regards
    Dick

Thanks

Dick,
    Thank you very much. Had not seen it, nor ever the photos, but the Danish pilot is J°rgen KjeldbŠk, cf.
    http://www.danishww2pilots.dk/profil...?alpha=k&id=50

Mikkel

Thanks

Mikkel

Did you ever get the Death Certificate?

Ken

Thanks

No, not yet. I e-mailed an enquiry on the 5th; the autoreply told that the estimated time for handling the e-mail was 9 days.

But nothing yet.

Mikkel

Thanks

Just an update: Still not a word from the Certificate Services. That is, not a word touch by human hand - only autoreplies. Just got this for a second time:

"Whilst our service level target is to respond to customer emails within 5 working days, please note that due to a backlog of certificate applications, we are experiencing high levels of progress chasing queries and the current turnaround times for emails has increased to 9 working days. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the delay.

Certificate Services"

Well this is the longest 9 days of my life ;-)

Mikkel
    Last edited by Mikkel Plannthin; 19th May 2008 at 22:09.

Thanks

Hi Mikkel,
    Your posting reads like a horror story. Too late to help this time round, however, for future reference, if you need a death certificate do not apply to the GRO: the world and his wife goes there and it just gets clogged. Apply to the office that recorded the death, in your case, Holywell in North Wales. Some offices, like Holywell, have moved but the records are still held within the area. You will find new addresses on the internet or on one of the family research sites. Provide the Vol and page number as well as name and date of death, as has already been said. You should get a copy of the certificate within seven days, as you live outwith the UK, ten to fourteen days maximum if you cover the return postage.
    Hope this helps.

Best Wishes.
    Robert.